Sunday, November 23, 2014

The 3rd Trade, my 1st loss! :(

 My third trade was $KGET$ a company that manufactured and sold oxy-hydrogen systems. This was, what should have been, the beginning of a bull run. It was shipping out tons of inventory, so the notion was that they are doing something. The price had came down from $0.002 to $0.001 over the past few weeks, so the concept was, "dip buy" and wait till it goes up due to the news. Well, the news never effected the stock price the way I thought it should/would, so after getting home and seeing the slight decline in price, I cut my loses at -18% and kept it moving.



It was not a bad loss, although I have been taught by the best, Timothy Sykes about not losing more than 5% of your investment and playing it conservative is better. Then again, trading, working and finishing my degree all at the same time becomes a major pain in the butt. I am more than certain that I will have many more losses in the future, there are also bigger loses that I will post soon, but in the end, they are all learning tools to make me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment